Photo © Suzi Medeiros

Sois toujours poëte, même en prose

13 septembre 2010

Abandoned House

I saw myself live in a world without you
an entire life dreaming next to someone I'm not convinced would make me happier
And the minutes, and the hours of the grandfather clock were watching me move onward without ever looking back
Time does not shift backwards
but even if it did, I wouldn't change a thing
Life is precious in every memory, in each moment even when it hurts

And I saw you live a life without me
in a landscape of bone china, of silver plates and what have you
surrounded by thoughts pushing you towards that future
abandoning what you've turned into a wasteland -
all the things that made you who you are today
as if your existence only began when that misstep closed the door of your heart

I saw myself live without you
leaving behind but a strand of my hair somewhere on your bed
such small keepsake to help you breathe despite all this humidity
lately it's been pouring plenty
but a broken heart doesn’t bleed eternally -
just watch the rain
and when the sun comes out, the pain will burn away
for you are better by yourself than with me.

Aucun commentaire: